Wednesday, March 25, 2009

God continues to show up!

No specific events or pictures to share today, just a bunch of random tidbits from the past week. Over the weekend I was able to head up to Lynchburg and see my sister and Craig. We were also able to hang out with our friend Christie from home who was in Lynchburg for a ballet performance. It is really exciting to me to be able to spend time with the future Mr. and Mrs. Cooper! Rachel and Craig are growing so much as a couple and also in their relationship with Christ. I am so happy that both of my sisters how found great men of God to spend the rest of their lives with.

Saturday was a day of sports. I went to the basketball game, lacrosse game, and baseball game at Tech. The weather was really nice and made for an enjoyable time with friends. I also enjoyed all the great NCAA tournament games that were on throughout the weekend. On Sunday I led the songs at church and it went better than it had the previous two times. I am starting to get a hang of conducting. Overall a very nice weekend!

This week has been good so far. It is definitely getting harder and harder to continue the same routine as the semester goes on. On most days, I am inside, either working or at class, from 11-9. This is getting more difficult as the weather gets nicer! Sometimes I feel like I am trapped in prison, but am always encouraged by God. He gives me the peace and joy that allows me to be content, even during the most mundane activities. God has also continued to give me great opportunities to share His love with others. One of my supervisors at work started a conversation with me yesterday that she is going to start reading a book that was given to her by her church when she graduated high school. I am not sure exactly what the book is about, but I believe it is about following Christ. I hope to use this opportunity to ask her soon how she is liking the book and what she is learning. Another neat thing happened last night. A girl who graduated high school with me commented on my Facebook status last night. I would say that we were just acquaintances in school and I hadn't spoken to her in years. My status had some lyrics from a Hillsong United song and she commented that my updates were always an encouragement to her. I then come to find out that she is a believer! It is cool to know that God is using even a simple thing like a Facebook status to encourage others. I hope to ask this girl more about her salvation story sometime.

These are just a few things that God is doing in my life right now. I have never seen so many people around me begin to seek out the Lord. It is especially neat that many of them are from back in NY, where the Christian atmosphere is almost nonexistent. I just need to keep praying that the seeds that I have planted will be grown by God.

Tonight I start a new Bible study at the BCM. Leadership changes at BCM after spring break each year. I am really excited to see how God works through these new leaders. I am also pumped for a new episode of LOST tonight! Have a great day everyone!

No comments: