Friday, March 6, 2009

One Step Closer to a Big South Title!

Being a sports fan sure has its ups and downs! Last night my beloved Hokies lost another close one, this time to UNC. I told myself all day that I wouldn't get emotionally involved in the game. Of course, I was lying to myself, and I was going nuts the whole time. It didn't help that I was watching it by myself in my apartment with no one else home. It was hard to see A.D. Vassallo lose his final game at Cassell. Needless to say, I was not too pleased afterward and went to bed earlier than usual. This was a blessing, as I prayed to God to calm me down and allow me to wake up fresh the next morning. Praise God for his mercies are new every morning!

Today was a great day. I woke up refreshed and headed to work at 11. God was just awesome today! He gave me energy in everything I did. Work was actually really busy, which is always nice. Next up was my Ed. Tech class, basically my favorite class everr. D. Dunleavy is a great profesor and gives us the tools we need for a fantastic learning experience. I have now produced two video tutorials that will be up on Youtube by next week. To top it off, Dr. Dunleavy knew I wanted to go to the Radford game, so he let me leave 30 minutes early after I had finished my video. I got to the Dedmon Center with only 4 minutes gone by in the first half. The place was packed and the fans were going wild!

For those of you that don't know, Radford won the Big South regular season title with a 15-3 record in conference play. This earned them the #1 seed in the Big South Tournament and meant that the Dedmon Center would host the final three games. Tonight we played UNC Asheville for the third time this season, with Radford winning the first two games. It is really hard to beat a team three times, and tonight was a tough one. We led by 15 at one point, but Asheville was on fire from 3 point range and cut the lead to 2 with around five minutes to play. We started to get nervous in the stands, but were able to exhale as Radford pulled it off in the end, 94-86. Kenny Thomas led the way with 35 points, adding another chapter to his terrific career at Radford. We will now play VMI on Saturday at 4pm for the Conference Championship and the right to play in the NCAA Tournament! The game will be broadcast on ESPN2 so look for me on tv! GO HIGHLANDERS!!!

Big Art Parakhouski at the line

Looking to put some points on the board

Defense!

Coach Brad Greenburg

Radford Wins!!!



A crazy stretch of back and forth action!




Game over! Bring on VMI!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Hey Matt,
I think it would be best if you went to my Mom and Dad's ... Just because Sunday morning we are going to be leaving early, Scott is playing this week so we go to help set up. Sorry about that... I didn't realize. Anyway, Eli is more than likely going to sleeping over my mom and dad's tomorrow night, so I think he would love to see you Sunday morning... that would be a gift for him! Will you be coming to theGathering again? I think my mom and dad will since they will have Eli.

Matt Dunham said...

Yes I will come to the gathering. I will call them now. Thanks!