Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 16th

Today marks the two year anniversary of the deadly shooting at Virginia Tech which cost 32 students and professors their lives. I will never forget that day; where I was and who I was with. I will never forget Dr. Librescu and his kind personality. I had known him for only a few months, but it felt like longer. I will never forget the smile that was always on Brian Bluhm's face. He truly exemplified the love of Christ to all he met! Though I will never forget the pain that we all felt that day, I will always remember that through it all, God was there. Our campus will certainly never be the same after the events of the 16th. Thankfully, when people think of that dreadful day, the pain will only be a small part of what they remember. They will remember the 32 stories of the beautiful lives that the victims lived. They will remember the way that the Virginia Tech community chose to come together instead of crumble. They will remember the way the students responded bravely in the face of media scrutiny. Over the last six years I have grown to love this place called Virginia Tech and pray that God will continue to work in amazing ways on this campus. Never take for granted the gift of life. God has blessed us with so much and we need to be thankful to Him for what He has done. Jesus came down to die so that we may live. Life is so short, so let's live for Him! I am praying for all of you on this day, Hokie or not. For today, we are all Hokies.




We miss you Brian!

1 comment: