Sunday, January 25, 2009

What an Incredible Weekend!

I just had an incredible weekend! As many of you know, I am the type of person who likes to be in constant motion. The busier I am, the happier I am. This weekend was a God-send filled with friends and family and fun filled activities. It started out on Friday night with game night at the BCM. We played all kinds of crazy games ranging from Pokemon to Dutch Blitz until about 1 in the morning.




That was followed up with a trip to Joe's Diner until about 3:30 am. Some of the best conversation happens at a restaurant booth at ridiculous hours in the morning!

I slept until about 11:30 and then headed over to the BCM to meet up with my Bible study family. We went hiking to the Cascades and it was beautiful! I have hiked the Cascades many times, but never before in January. Though it was cold, it was well worth it. A lot of the water was frozen over which made for a breathtaking view throughout the hike. Of course I had great company along the way. Other than a few near injuries, it was a great trip.







Almost immediately after getting back from the Cascades, I got ready to head up to Lynchburg for the Radford/Liberty game. Becca and Matt rode up there with me and we were really surprised to see how crowded it was. There were over 7,000 people at the game and the atmosphere was electric. I bet a lot of people were there to see Liberty's stud freshman, Seth Curry. I will admit that I wanted to see him too, though I was rooting against him! He didn't disappoint as he scored 31 points. That wasn't enough for the Flames though as the Highlanders beat them in double overtime! I was really pumped up along with the handful of other Radford fans that made the trip. It was also great to see Rachel, Craig, and Jamie. I don't get up there as much as I should. After the game we went to Sonic for a quick bite and then headed back to Blacksburg.









Today was another action packed day. David and I slept in a little late but made it to Sunday school and church at Cambria Baptist. It was great to see everyone there after being away for over a month. That church is so good to us college students. The Banyai's had us over for lunch which was a treat as always. Then David and I did the unthinkable...we actually decided to get motivated and play basketball at War Memorial Gym. We ended up playing for a few hours and worked up quite a sweat. I am really out of shape but still had a blast. We got back to the house just in time to head over to Kyle's place and watch the Hokies beat Miami in overtime for their fourth ACC win of the season. They are really playing well right now and might I say what a weekend for the Greenburg clan! Seth coaches his team to an overtime victory on the road and his brother Brad one ups him with a double OT win! Finally I headed back to Cambria to practice with the choir for the Easter cantata. I sang with them two years ago and had a great time. I have more time on my hands this semester so I will hopefully be able to attend all the practices.

God is so good! I am having a great semester so far. I have been meeting a lot of new people as well as enjoying old friends. God has truly blessed me with incredible relationships. I look forward to another great week coming up. This Thursday I have the education career fair so I ask for your prayers as I seek a job for the fall. I know God will provide me with the right opportunity. I just continue to praise Him because He knows what is best for me and constantly reveals Himself to me. Praise God!

1 comment:

Christy said...

ok, that is the most action packed weekend ever. I don't know how you do it... it's crazy! I don't think I have ever gone that hard ALL weekend! ha! I am so glad you are doing well... it just goes to show that when you are in the midst of the Lord's will, you are going to be lifted up. Please be praying for Scott and I ... it's been pretty stressful here. Thanks!

Let us know when you'll be down. Maybe you can stay with us this time... just let me know! love and hugs