Saturday, January 17, 2009

Back in Blacksburg!

Well, I arrived in Blacksburg last night and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here thus far. It was great to see Tim again last night. I sure do miss the "good old days" when we were living on campus together. We had a great time just hanging out last night and jamming with our respective instruments: Tim on the Mandolin and myself on the guitar. We rocked out to classics such as He's Got the Whole World in His Hands and Hush Little Baby. Yes we are both novices but we had a good time messing around. We even had a short worship session together.


David also got in last night, along with his dad, fresh off a bitter cold ski trip. I was happy to hear that he will still be around Blacksburg for a few weeks while he searched for employment. Selfishly, I would love for him to stay all semester, but I am praying that he will get a job soon. Today Tim and I were treated to lunch at Cracker Barrel on behalf of Mr. Freeman. This was actually my first time eating there and it was quite good.

The highlight of the weekend thus far was the Hokies basketball game today against Boston College. David and I headed over to Cassell Coliseum looking to wait in line to get in. Because it is still officially winter break, they were letting anyone with a Tech ID get in for free, as long as there were seats remaining. While we were walking, we overheard an older couple say something about free tickets. We immediately inquired and were handed two tickets to the game. To top it all off, we got to sit in the front row with Josh Chudy and Meredith Burton because a few of their friends were unable to make it. The game went back and forth but the Hokies prevailed 79-71 to move to 2-1 in the ACC. Jeff Allen had a career high 30 points and Delaney and Vassallo did their fair share. Up next: undefeated Wake Forest in Winston Salem! What an opportunity that will be to knock off an undefeated team and possibly the #1 team in the nation! The game is on ESPN at 7pm so check it out.




David and I

Josh and Meredith

2 comments:

Christy said...

You are too funny. You and your sports! I don't think that I have met someone as into sports as you. Hope you have a great semester.

Matt Dunham said...

Haha, well just come on up to Blacksburg and you will meet many like me! I have actually toned down a bit over the years, still a sports nut, but trying to become more well rounded!