Monday, January 12, 2009

Some random thoughts

I got a call today that had me praising Jesus! I get to substitute the next two days, and hopefully two more after that before heading back to school. Today was another day of sleeping until 2 pm and so it will feel really nice to wake up at 7 am tomorrow and head to earn some money. Wait...did I just say it would feel nice to wake up at 7??? That may be the only time you hear that from me. Anyways, I am so thankful to God for giving me the opportunity to get out of the house and look forward to the rest of the week.

We just finished watching the season premiere of "24" and I have to say I really enjoyed it. My dad thinks it is too crazy and far-fetched but I ask what season hasn't been? All I know is that I was thoroughly entertained for all four hours and am looking forward to next Monday night. I love the foursome of Jack, Tony, Buchanan, and Chloe. They have a great presence together on screen. The level of corruption in the government is a bit ridiculous but sometimes you just have to stop being critical and enjoy what you are watching. There is no way this country will ever experience seven days of the magnitude of the seven seasons of this show anyways, so let's just stop trying to make realistic sense of the plot. It is still compelling television and I will continue to watch. The most interesting thing to think about after the last episode is the morality behind Jack and Tony shooting at government officials in their kidnapping of the Prime Minister. Where do you draw the line between maintaining cover and taking innocent lives?

After "24" I flipped over to MSG to catch the end of the Knicks game and I was pleasantly surprised to find them up by five over the Hornets with three minutes left. They tried to give up a big lead like usual, but pulled it off, gaining a huge road win against a far superior opponent. They are making strides and are at least watchable. They already have fifteen wins and only need eight more to tie their total from last season.

A few more days here in Pleasantville and then it will be back to Blacksburg! I am really excited to get back to school and start a new semester. God is surely going to do some neat things and I am ready to watch Him work.

No comments: