Friday, January 2, 2009

Starting off 2009 with a bang

As I have said before I am very excited about this new year, and what a way to start it off last night with a 20-7 victory for the Hokies in the Orange Bowl! Although I was not able to attend the game this time around, I had the privilege of hosting a bunch of friends for a rocking Orange Bowl party. Here is a picture of most of the crew:


It was such a blessing to have all the Profts over. Kevin flew in from San Francisco for Christmas and Kristin is back from Australia. Even Mrs. Proft came by to enjoy the game. They have always been a second family to me and I am blessed to have them as friends.



There will never be another KP! He is a wonderful friend and also looks quite good in maroon and orange!


I am so proud of the Hokies. They overcame a lot this year to finally win a BCS game. Congrats to all the seniors and to Frank Beamer for guiding a very young team to another ten win season. A special shout out to Orion Martin for a wonderful career as a Hokie! His interception was the turning point of the game. I have had the privelege of knowing Orion for three years and am always impressed by his humility and dedication to the Lord. Good luck at the next level my friend! I am sure his brother Cam will be one of our team leaders next year as he caps off a nice career of his own.




Joe Farrant also came over last night. KP, Joe, and I used to have some amazing times back in middle school and high school. To this day we remain good friends. We would always have sleep overs filled with all kinds of wacky escapades including playing Who Wants to be a Millionaire, watching the Knicks, eating pop-tarts, and playing various video games. Thanks for all the memories guys and I look forward to our times together this year!



Finally it has been amazing being home with my family. As many of you know, my twin sisters are both engaged! I am so proud of them. My parents are still up here in Pleasantville working hard in order to support their children. I am so thankful for them. Though Becca is down in Florida, I was so happy to have Rachel and my parents decked out in Hokie gear to watch the game with me last night. What a wonderful night of football, friends, and family and a great way to start off the new year!




1 comment:

Christy said...

You are crazy Matt Dunham! you are definatly a die hard fan to whatever team you support.. which is not always a bad thing when you think about it... it also means that whatever you do, you do it 150%... Which also means you are going to be sold out for CHRIST, always! That is awesome... great to see you had a fantastic time with your friends and family.... congrat's to both Rachel and Rebecca on their engagments... Hope to see you soon...