Monday, January 5, 2009

Visiting old friends

This past weekend I had the chance to head up to Barrington, Rhode Island to visit the Olson family! Colby Olson was my youth pastor when I was in high school and played a vital role in my spiritual growth. Shortly after I left for college, Colby and his family moved down to Florida to start a ministry there. Recently they moved back north and Colby is now the student pastor at Barrington Baptist Church. I was very excited to be able to make the short trip up to see him, his wife Stacey, and his two children Kelsey and Troy.


Colby and Stacey gave me a driving tour of the area. They live in a beautiful part of the state that is surrounded by water. There was a lot of snow and ice on the ground which added toAlign Left its beauty. We were able to catch the sun just as it was setting from a spot in a local park.




I had a blast playing with the kids and catching up with Colby and Stacey. God is doing some amazing things through them and I ask you to keep them in your prayers. I have learned a lot from Colby and enjoyed talking with him about what God has been revealing to him recently. What a blessing it is when we get to unite with friends in Christian fellowship.


On Sunday morning John, Beth, Meg, and Yvonne drove up to attend service at Barrington Baptist Church. Colby gave a message on evangelism, taking passages from Mark and John. The church is beautiful and quite spacious. I can see that God is going to do some great things there. Colby tells me that it is the only Bible believing church in their area.


After church we gathered at the Olsons' house and had a nice lunch before hitting the road. John and I joined with Troy in creating some of the most interesting music you will ever hear! Troy was so cute playing his little guitar. I think John missed his calling as a lyricist!



It was great to get out of the house for a few days and enjoy a weekend among friends. Thanks for allowing me to stay over Colby and Stacey. I hope to see you soon!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Wow, what a beautiful sun set... God's wonderous hand at work yet again... I always tell the kids "look at the sunset God painted for us today!" That one was a magnificant painting! I wish we had some snow down here in NC... it's been so warm... today it's raining and a warm 61 degrees... it's CRAZY! I want snow!