Friday, January 2, 2009

Some thoughts as we head into 2009!

Wow, God is so good! I am so overwhelmed by his amazing grace and peace at this very moment. 2008 was a great year but a trying one for me at times. I went through a lot of transition and sometimes had no idea where God was leading me. Now it is 2009 and God is guiding me each day! I am so pumped for this year. I want to grow so hungry and thirsty for God's Word that I can't get enough! I know this won't happen overnight but that is my goal. It is my hope that I will be able to share the love of Christ with others wherever I go. I am sick of being so selfish. I so often think about what is best for me. I realized that in 2008 when I lost sight of the interests of my friends and family and instead worried only about pleasing myself. God calls us to carry each others burdens and lay down our lives for our friends. I am so thankful to God that he forgives us each day even though we don't deserve it. I am a sinner, God is perfect, and yet through Jesus Christ I can still have a relationship with Him! Amazing! This is going to be an amazing year folks. If you are struggling with anything at all right now, why not give it to God? Better yet, why not give your life to God? He will do so many amazing things through you and the peace of Jesus Christ will reign in your life. Some people ask me in these difficult times why they should believe in God. I say why not? He is the only one who can provide peace during these trying days. I don't know exactly what God has in store for me over this next year but that is what makes it so exciting! I am just walking daily in His ways and watching as He leads me. I can't wait to start teaching next fall and have the chance to impact so many young students. I am so thankful for the responsibility that I will be blessed with. Always know that your problems are never to great for God! For God tells us in His Word, "My power is made perfect in your weakness." Let us all come before the throne of God in 2009 and praise Him for all the amazing things He has done for us! AMEN!

No comments: