Saturday, February 14, 2009

Quick Perspective on Valentine's Day

I know I haven't updated in a while, but now is not going to be the time because I have to head out in a few minutes to watch the Hokies play! I just wanted to reflect on what Valentine's Day means to me this year seeing as I am single. I encourage you all to remember that God loves us so much. Even though we abandon Him daily through our sin, He still takes us right back into His arms. 1 John 4:19 says, "We love because He first loved us." Reflect on this for a few minutes today! The only reason we are capable of loving each other is because of God's love for us. Have a great day and if you get the chance, read over the rest of 1 John because it is a great book about how amazing the love of our Father is!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Matt, I praise God for your life!! It's awesome to read how in love with the Lord you are!! Your life is truly a testimony and a blessing!!