Wednesday, February 18, 2009

God is Moving in Amazing Ways!

This has been an awe-inspiring week thus far! On Monday I was just checking Facebook when I saw on someone's profile that there was going to be a time for worship and prayer at the BCM that night. I had originally planned to watch '24' with some folks after class but after seeing that message, knew that the BCM was where I had to be that night. God has already been working in my life and giving me such peace and joy. On the way to the BCM I was singing God's praises and just happy as could be. When I got there, I took some time to pray on my own before everyone got there. Then from 10:15 until 12:30, a small group of college students had an encounter with the Lord! It was unreal. I have never felt God's presence like that in my entire life. I was completely free to worship with no thoughts of anyone around me. It was just me and God. It was a time to praise Him for all He is and also to pray to Him and ask for His work to continue in my life and in the lives of those around me. Wow!

As if that wasn't enough, God has given me an opportunity to witness to a few friends this semester. Last night one of these friends accepted Christ! What an answer to prayer and an incredible opportunity to share in this joy with a friend! Pray everyday for those you know who do not know Jesus. Sometimes God works in ways we don't expect and in time frames we don't agree with. Be patient and know that God hears our prayers. Remember what Paul talks about in 1 Corinthians 3, that we are to plant and water the seeds but that it is God who makes them grow!

Who knows what God has in store for the rest of the week! I am just so joyful right now. This has been the best semester of my college career thus far and I cannot wait to see how it unfolds. It is so wonderful to be taking classes that mean something to me! I know that God has a teaching position out there for me somewhere and I just have to continue to be patient and wait on His calling! Thank you to everyone out there who has helped grow me into the man I am today, and thank you for all you are going to do in the years to come because there is a lot of growing left to do!

Here is a random assortment of pictures from the last few weeks. Sorry I have not been up to date with my posts. Have a great week in the Lord!


Me and some of my Radford friends at the basketball game

Rachel and Craig came down to visit and went to the game with us

Mike, Thomas, Donny, Elizabeth, David, and me after a fun game of Poker

Susan's surprise birthday party!

Susan and Maria at Red Robin in celebration of their birthdays. Nice hats!

Me, Brad, Michael, and Maria at Red Robin

Me and Brad

A wild and crazy bunch! Thomas, Ray, Scott, Sarah, Donny, Darris, and Danny the nut in the middle

1 comment:

Christy said...

Awesome stuff going on there. I am excited that you were there for you friend, that is one of the most amazing things to experience... a friend coming to the Lord. The heavens rejoiced, as I know you did too!

Keep your head where it is, UP... the Lord does have a plan for you as you said, and HE is going to unfold that plan in HIS TIME... as much as it is hard to wait on HIS TIME... use the time in the meanwhile to just reflect on HIS love for you and all the friends you have around you right now... because as soon as that job comes... you aren't going to have near as much time with friends.

Let me know when you would like to reschedule coming down here. God Bless You.
christy