Monday, February 15, 2010

Two Weekends with Val (Part 2)

Man, I am way behind on posts again! Picking up where I left off, the next weekend I went to Liberty to see Val. A big snowstorm was on its way so I had to make sure I got there before the roads got too messy. I arrived on Friday night around 7pm and we went to Chic-Fil-A for some food before heading to the Liberty hockey game. Apparently LU really likes their hockey because Val and I had to park really far away from the arena. At first thought, a nice walk together seemed like an enjoyable occasion. This thought lasted until we stepped outside and realized how cold it was! That weekend was one of the coldest I have experienced in a while. We eventually made it to the game and sat with Val's roommate Kelsey and her boyfriend Ethan. The game was very entertaining. Unfortunately, Liberty gave up a two goal lead late and eventually lost in overtime. Despite the loss, it was a good time and I also got to experience one of my top sports moments of all time. Towards the end of the first period a Liberty player checked an Oklahoma player into the Plexiglas in front of us so hard that it shattered! My favorite part was the PA announcer stating, "Due to a crushing hit by #26 Greg Jensen, the remaining 2:32 will be added on to the second period" haha. After saying goodnight, I stayed with some of Val's friends in the dorms. It was fun being back in that atmosphere again, seeing a bunch of guys playing X-box and hanging out in each others rooms.


At the hockey game. The guy in the bottom left was sitting next to me. Interesting fellow to say the least! He definitely loves LU hockey.

Yes they fight even at Liberty!

The result of a crushing hit by #26




When we woke up Saturday morning, there was already a few inches of snow on the ground and more was falling with no stop in sight. My original plan had been to head back on Saturday at some point, but I quickly realized that would not happen! We ate some lunch at The ROT (dining hall) and then had some fun playing in the snow. After playing in the snow for a while, Val and I decided to watch the season 5 finale of LOST since she had not seen it yet. This is where our weekend got really interesting! See, Liberty has these rules where you cannot go into the dorms of the opposite sex and also cannot enter the student centers if you are not a student there. Therefore we had no place to actually hang out together. My sister lives in Lynchburg, but we didn't want to bother her because Craig, her husband, was off from work for the weekend. Our only place of refuge was supposed to be the basketball arena, but even that was closed! After realizing this Val said, "onto plan B" and nothing else. I asked her where we were going but she just said, "You'll see!" A few minutes later we were moving a table around in the laundry room to watch LOST on her computer haha! I guess the laundry room is a big hangout spot for couples at Liberty. So anyways our conclusion was that it was just one big adventure and we had fun with it!


One of my favorites

Enjoying God's artistry

It was cold!

Brandon, Val's friend, tackled her into the snow. Unfortunately, she lost her phone in the process...

Me, Brandon, and Justin




The rest of the day consisted of watching episodes of "The Big Bang Theory" (awesome show that Val now loves!), playing some train game, and driving through the snow in Val's beastly Jeep trying to find someplace to eat. We packed 9 people in her Jeep, most of them guys, and one poor girl from Val's hall squished in the back! Nothing was open so we had to eat back on campus. That was an interested car ride to say the least!


Train Game! Justin scored 134 on his first try! Not as good as Kelsey Hooke though a few days later. She scored 164!

Val and Jenna. Jenna was a brave soul for putting up with all the guys that night!


The weekend concluded with watching the Hokies play on Sunday at Rachel's house. Unfortunately they lost, but it was a great weekend nevertheless. The roads were finally clear by Sunday afternoon and I headed back to Blacksburg. Once again I was reminded of how good my God is and how blessed I am to have a girl in my life who loves Jesus! I will hopefully be updating again soon about Val's birthday weekend and Valentine's Day weekend. Until then, peace in the Lord Jesus Christ!




No comments: