Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Edge Conference

Once again I am catching up on posts! Over the MLK holiday weekend, our youth group from Cambria Baptist Church went to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee for the Edge Conference. We had six youth go, along with me and another leader. We had a great time hanging out together and growing in our Lord Jesus Christ. The best part was our accommodations. We originally had two rooms, one for the guys and one for the girls. We had plenty of room for the guys but were not given a roll away for the girls. Carrie, the other leader, knows the head of the conference well so she asked him to help us out. A few minutes later she had a key to another room, only to find out it was for the Honeymoon Suite! We all had a good laugh over it and enjoyed the spacious room to hang out in during our free time.

The speakers were really good. Craig Tackett and Sammy Knuckles preached all weekend about having a new mindset and attitude when approaching the idea of church. The worship band was awesome as well and we even were treated to a few illusionist acts. God really blew me away with how much it means to high school students to be given the freedom to enjoy a weekend together in place away from home. There were moments where my patience was tested, but all in all it was a great time. I really hope this trip helps lay the foundation for a great year together growing in our faith and seeking Jesus further.

When I got home I did not get around to posting pictures on facebook right away. Of course my youth were waiting in anticipation and eventually told me to hurry up! I had a few minutes of down time at work and was able to upload the photos. Usually the next step is to tag the photos with the names of the people in them, but I received a phone call and needed to step away from my computer for a bit. I came back 20 minutes later and every picture was tagged and commented on! My email had about 150 messages in it telling me about each photo tag and comment. It was great to see my youth discussing how much fun they had and how they wished they were back at the Edge conference. God really taught me a lot about how these kids look up to me and the other college students who attend our church. What was just another weekend for me ended up being the time of their lives! I look forward to seeing how God uses me to help lead this youth group in 2010 and how He is going to work in each of their individual lives. Please pray for the youth of Cambria Baptist Church. We are a small group but a group seeking after God's heart each week!


The Honeymoon Suite!

We had a hot tub!

Hanging in the suite!

All the youth

Our lunch destination on Sunday afternoon

Outside the Old Mill

These guys were outside a diner we ate at. Unfortunately that was the highlight of the dinner because the food was not so great

Inside the diner

The girls with Sammy Knuckles

The girls with the worship band


At every worship gathering, two girls were up front painting different pictures. These then went up for auction. Here are a few from the weekend.

No comments: