Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I have so much to be thankful for..it is really ridiculous! It is hard to believe that just a month ago I was so miserable. It is amazing to me how patient God is with us. I was doubting his strength for so long instead of just letting Him take over. Like the father of the prodigal son, He was just waiting for me with open arms as I returned from doing things my way. This Thanksgiving was all about thanking God for my wonderful family who has supported me through the ups and the downs (and unfortunately I tend to ride a roller coaster of emotions on a daily basis!). They are always there for me no matter what my attitude is and no matter how many times I may ignore their wise advice. My friends have also been there for me when I needed them most. They have all shown me an unconditional love that truly represents Christ's nature. Thank you everyone!

I was blessed to be able to go home for a few days and will head back down to Virginia tomorrow. I was able to catch up with my grandma, watch some football with my dad, go shopping with my sisters (first Black Friday for me!), and attend church tonight with my parents. It was so refreshing to worship God in His house tonight! It was also exciting to talk with my sisters about their wedding plans. So crazy that Rachel will be Mrs. Cooper in a little over a month! Craig bought her a Golden puppy for Christmas (shown in pictures below). We had a great time playing with little Coop!

I hope that you all were blessed this Thanksgiving as well. Send my best to your families. May God bless you as we enter this Christmas Season for unto us a Savior is born!


Rachel and her new puppy

Me and Cooper

Grandma and her dog Maggie


1 comment:

Christy said...

please tell the family I say hello. I won't be able to make it to the wedding, with Scott being out of work so much these last couple months... we just can't afford to come up. I hope you guys understand that I will miss being there, and I wish I could do it! This economy has hit us hard. Please pray.

Love you much and give hugs to everyone else as well... especially Rachel as she gets married in a month.