Friday, June 12, 2009

Employed!

Today I accepted an offer to teach at Pulaski County High School this upcoming school year. God is so faithful! Life is funny sometimes. Last week I was eager for any opportunity I could come across. By this morning, I had two offers, one at Pulaski and one at a middle school in Roanoke. There were times today when I wished I only had the one offer! It was a tough decision to make, as both schools offered a lot of positives. In the end, I went with my gut. I got a really good impression of the administration at Pulaski when I visited and trust that they will help my transition to teaching be as smooth as possible. It has been a long journey to this point, but here I am with my first real job. I am so thankful for the support my family has given me throughout my life leading up to this point. I look forward to seeing how God will use me at Pulaski. Exciting times are ahead! Thanks to everyone for all your prayers and support!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Congrat's matt... I have been praying for you... where is Pulaski?
The Lord definately pulls through, even though it was later than what you would have liked... HE IS STILL GOOD!
I am so excited for you!

Matt Dunham said...

It is about 30 minutes south of my apartment in VA. Thanks for all your prayers. I look forward to visiting y'all soon!